Top Social

OPINIONS ON LIFE, BOOKS, MUSIC, FOOD AND FASHION FROM THE GIRL WHOS ALWAYS BEEN THE LAST ON THE LIST

When Is It Okay To Cry?

Sunday, 22 March 2015
So. I know I'm not the only one that bottles up stress and anxiety and anger and then one day, out of the blue, you just collapse and cry for hours. It recently happened to me the other day and I felt a lot better after it, like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I was crying over school stress (the typical sixth former) because I felt like nothing I was learning for my History course was going in and no revision methods were working and none of my notes were organised and my parents were making me get a tutor (which is actually helping) and I felt like I was failing. 

So I just opened the flood gates. 

I sat on my bedroom floor and sobbed. I felt guilty whilst doing it, because I know that it is probably a pointless thing to be crying about and there are people out there with bigger problems than me. It was a horrible feeling at the time but afterwards, I felt like all the stress that had been building up over the past 6 months had just gone So straight afterwards, I went downstairs, got a cup of tea and sat at my laptop until 2am reorganising notes, retyping notes, printing notes and all of that helped me revise at the same time. Admittedly, I probably should've got some sleep but hey, our minds work differently sometimes I guess? Plus it was a friday night and I ended up sleeping till 12 so...
What I'm trying to say is, no matter how wimpy or weak you feel whilst crying over something as stupid as a few notes, afterwards, you will feel better that you did it. I'm not saying cry over everything all the time, and don't force it. But don't keep it in when you really want to, because I bet theres some weirdly scientific reason(s) as to why crying is good for you (oh look I found one).


{source}


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature